Glenn Winters

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Updated Robot Design

After reviewing the last sketch I really didn't like the overall vibe and sense of feeling he was creating. Im trying to go for a serious tone with my story and I want to make sure I reflect that in the design. Therefore I made quite a few adjustments to the design. I also added some more elements that will hopefully help in the actual rigging of the character by putting essentially ball joints where the movement will be taking place. Also due to limited time in the process I wanted to make sure I felt like I could handle the animation load. Therefore the main emotional connection will be coming from the characters eyes and Im going to do a test to see if I can work with the flatness of the grin and the eyes to convey it. We will see how it goes. Hopefully everything will be approved thursday, so I can start modeling.

No comments: