Glenn Winters

Monday, January 31, 2011

Pre Production Continues

Hi all. Its been quite busy on my front for the past few weeks. We have been focusing on particles and fluids for the past few weeks and recently touched on soft bodies. All different techniques I hope to explore in my final animation assignment. Below you can see the final result of my particle project. Overall I was happy with this but there are many things that I would change and be cautious of in the future. I really needed to focus more on the planes and their movements. At times they become a bit too jerky. I was really excited for the explosion collision, since it was a new territory with the collision event editor. Also gave me the opportunity to explore the hypershade more. Enjoyable stuff!



I have made some updates to the character design of my robot and I hope to share that with you this week. For now, this is one of the main items the main character will be holding.




Im really trying to push texturing on this one since I have some time to focus on it. Im not 100% thrilled on this right now but it is getting there. I still would like to get a more brushed texture look, which I got rid of my attempts for this render. Hope to discuss it, in modeling class tomorrow to see where I can go with this next.

Other than that, I have been hard at work gathering inspiration and sketch ideas for the setting of the animation project. My goal is to start modeling things tomorrow and to get the "set" done by the weekend/early next week. I would like to start texturing next week. We will see if I can hit those goals. Until then, lets have mother nature stop the snow!

No comments: